jackunatrixjackunatrix

Main Audio Reviews Stats

The Lost Coast The Lost Coast

Nice

I like the melodies. They work well. Same with the sounds youre using.

It does sound like its clipping quite a bit towards the second half of the intro and whenever it comes back in.

Also after the intro, it suddenly feels very thin without a well defined rhythm. Plus that crash where the kick starts needs plenty of reverb :)

Hope this helps.

Connmann1015 responds:

yeah thanks a lot. i will definately need to add some reverb cause i listened to it again and i see what u mean. and i have not yeat learned how to to stop it from clipping but im gonna work on it. Thanks a lot man for the review.

Dance of the Diseased Dance of the Diseased

I like

Dunno why but this reminds me a bit of something out of timesplitters 2. Maybe adjust some volume levels here and there. Some of the synths are kinda overpowering to the rest. Maybe slam a maximus on the master track too.

Chaos-Eye responds:

Totally agree with it all, volume and it is overpowering. The last lil bit totally lost me though, haha. Gladiators?

Dubish? but still very G $$ Dubish? but still very G $$

Subtacular

Theres some parts in there that make my sub go nuts :)

More of a loop than a song really

Retribution (Mac8) Retribution (Mac8)

Alright

As a song its alright. The reason you only got an 8 is because it sounded very repeptitive to me - mainly the drums. The main emphasis of the beat doesnt really change much at all.
Apart from that, I liked it.

As for mastering, try to get a good mastering tool. Presonally I like the izotope ozone 3 (http://www.izotope.com/products/audi o/ozone/) if you can fork up $250 for it.

Quarl responds:

Thanks for the advice, but I purposefully make my tracks repetitive. It's a staple to the genre, it's more necessary than you think, and I really tried to vary up the rhythm, though like I said variance was not my focus or goal. It took me a few years to truly appreciate a track with an attention span.

Thanks for the review though mate. I'll look into the mastering tool that you were kind enough to leave

Industrial Rave (V.2) NG Edit Industrial Rave (V.2) NG Edit

Nice

I like the sounds your using, they work well, but occasionally it felt like it wasn't moving quite fast enough. Also, the synth that comes in at 1:38 maybe you could leave the filter cutoff a little lower or bring the volume it down a bit - not much, just so it blends with the other instruments rather than sitting on top of them

DomesticTerrorist responds:

Yeah, I noticed my lead was not moving with the mix very well... I'm definitely going to work with it a lot more when I have all the vocals and samples in it, this was just a quick master of the instruments. But yeah, I'll definitely give it some work :)

ParagonX9 - Chaoz Impact ParagonX9 - Chaoz Impact

Beasty

Love it. The only thing I would change is that crash heard at :05 and 1:11 only because the rest of the song is so awesome it sounds lame in comparison which knocked 1 point off from me.

Tzu - Astral Visions Tzu - Astral Visions

Nice

I like this song but maybe the snare is slightly too loud in the mix. It stopped me from daydreaming lol

Tzunami responds:

Thanks, here's a idea: maybe the snare can be the second/minute hand on the clock ticking away..?

Hansen Tomas - 1001 Gedachten Hansen Tomas - 1001 Gedachten

hmmm

For what it is, its a good song. But like the last guy said, english songs will go down a lot better with people who speak english and for this reason "(and maby of the whole world)" can't be true.